Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Its Not Easy Being Green…

So I have not written in my blog in some time.  This, as I understand it, is the cardinal sin of writing… you must write!  So here I am wondering when I will get more organized with my time for writing.  Now, in my defense, I am a full time employee for a large sales firm, have a young daughter at home and another young one on the way.  Did I mention I am also a full time student in a legal studies program?  My plate is full but I am not complaining, I am thankful.
Being in the predicament I am in is wonderful if not tiring.  No, I mean it… think of what we do and where we live.  Hell, a bad day in the USA is still not too bad of a day usually (baring major catastrophes or passing).  I get to work in a clean cool office working with people everyday to help better their lives.  I have a comfy home for which I pay a fair market value price, I drive a nice American made SUV and have food on the table.  My family is happy and healthy, what more can any man want.
No sir, I am not going to complain, not one little bit.  I am thankful for the abundance of work I have and the ability to explore my writing in the way that I am doing; I am happy to report my first earnings as a writer have come in… a whopping $27.13 all for me.  Its a small step but its a step and I am excited about what the future holds.  I am tired and sometimes my patience is tested and yes I fail at times.  Life is a journey however and I am committed to making a change in how I dictate my career and writing will be my vehicle for this transformation.
However, if anyone would like to offer me a writing assignment on some far off deserted island, please contact me…. I will pay my own way! 

No comments: